Ashley Furniture Homestores NZ guarantees to make good by repairing any manufacturing defect for a period of (2) two years from the date of purchase, validated by providing a copy of the sales docket.
The warranty is limited by the following conditions:
1. The warranty is only valid to the purchaser on the sales docket.
2. The goods are at the original address stated on the sales docket.
3. Ashley Furniture Homestores NZ warranties are not transferable under any circumstances.
4. The goods must not be used for any commercial (non-domestic) use.
5. The goods must be cared for in accordance with relevant care instructions.
6. Please be aware that leather is a natural product and has marks, blemishes and variance to it’s grain. This is not a manufacturing flaw and is not covered by Ashley Furniture Homestores NZ warranty.
7. Normal wear and tear cannot be deemed as a defect.
8. Natural characteristics must not be considered a defect.
9. The warranty does not cover damage caused by spills such as acid, solvents, dyes, corrosive materials, ink, paint or bodily fluids.
10. Invalid warranty includes improper cleaning, negligence, treatment of products with chemicals, exposing furniture to sun, extreme heat or bright light such as sun lamps.
11. Any claim must be made to Ashley Furniture Homestores NZ within (7) days of the defect appearing to avoid further damage.
12. All warranty service forms and photos must be completed in full by the customer prior to processing by Ashley Furniture Homestores NZ.
All Ashley Furniture Homestores NZ furniture carries a (2) two year warranty, with the exception of full leather lounge suites (see paragraph 5) or when otherwise specified by the manufacturer.
1. Frame warranty
The internal frame construction of Ashley Furniture Homestores NZ lounge furniture is covered against manufacturing defects for (2) two years of the ownership of the original purchaser and at the original delivery address.
2. Seating foam warranty
All foam used in the seat cushions of Ashley Furniture Homestores NZ furniture are covered against material or manufacturing defects for (2) two years. Softening of foam should be expected as a result of normal use.
3. Component warranty
Padding foam, suspension systems, stitching, fabric coverings and bedsettee mattresses are covered against defects for a period of (2) two years from date of purchase.
4. Working parts warranty
Recliner mechanisms ( including handles and cables) and bedsettee mechanisms carry a (1) one year warranty.
5. Full leather warranty
Full leather lounge furniture carries a (5) five year warranty (excluding working parts which are covered for (1) one year). This warranty does not include bonded leather, vinyl/PVC or fabric, which carry a (2) two year warranty.
How To Care For Your Furniture
Please read the care guidelines below. Following these simple guidelines will ensure that you have years of comfort and enjoyment from your furniture.
General Care for all Furniture
Furniture will last a long time if it is looked after. Never sit on the arms of any lounge suite. Do not let children jump or climb on any furniture. When moving furniture, always lift, do not drag it. Exposure to sunlight will cause fading to fabric and leather furniture. Sunlight can cause timber products to dry out, fade and warp.
Leather Upholstered Furniture
Leather is a natural material. Regularly wipe your leather furniture with a damp clean white cloth. Vacuum clean regularly. Use only recommended leather cleaners on your leather furniture.
Fabric Upholstered Furniture
Refer to the care label for cleaning instructions. Regularly vacuum clean your furniture. It is best to get a specialist fabric cleaning company to clean your fabric furniture. Do not allow animals to climb on your furniture. Pilling is a natural characteristic of some fabrics and is not a warrantable issue.
It is normal for your new mattress to develop body impressions as extra comfort layers settle and begin to contour to your body shape. This is a completely normal occurence and helps to ensure the mattress is perfectly contoured for maximum comfort. The plusher or thicker your mattress, the more comfort layers it will contain. Body impressions are not considered a manufacturing fault and are a normal part of wearing in your mattress.
To protect timber furniture always use protective coverings like placemats and coasters which will help to prevent stains, ring marks and scratches. Wipe up any spills quickly. Clean timber surfaces with a smooth clean cloth. Avoid using timber cleaning products that contain silicon as it disintegrates the lacquer over time.
Foil finished furniture can be marked easily. Avoid scratching with hard or sharp objects.
Product or Part
Limited Warranty Duration*
Frames Used in Upholstered and Leather Products
2 Year Fabric/
Springs and Webbed Seating System
Leather and Upholstery Fabric
2 Year Fabric/
Power Base Frames, Electrical Components and Foundation Mechanisms